What can I say? I'm hopping on the bandwagon. I just moved to North Dakota, and along with getting my life back together and focusing on my career, I'm going to try to reconnect with friends from years past via the internet. Plus, you know, I like to talk about myself and stuff.

Monday, January 02, 2006

Ringing in the New Year...

I used to get all bent out of shape about having a great New Year's Eve.....Wait, wait, let me start over.

Ahem, sorry it's been awhile since I posted. I'm sure many of you do in fact have better things to do than to look at a blog that has not been updated. If I can give a lame excuse, I'm going to blame the winter blahs that I've been having since this has been the first Xmas I've spent without family. But as part of the New Year's Resolutions that I don't believe in, I'm going to write more blogs. Anyway, back to the story...

I used to get all bent out of shape about having a great New Year's Eve, and then end up horribly disappointed when things don't go well. Then, I read this article by my hero Lester Bangs, where he essentially said too much is put on a night that will never be what we expected it to be, and much like I could do (but won't waste the space), he listed the experiences he had had on New Year's Eves gone past, and all of them were mediocre nights at best. So, this year, I didn't even have noble intentions of having a great New Year. I was meant to go out with a few co-workers but I ended up not getting in touch with one of them, so my night was spent watching cartoons and drinking Mai Tais, and it was probably the best New Year's holiday I've had in awhile.

Yesterday I had the laziest first day of the New Year ever. I think I slept about 14 hours throughout the day. I didn't cook dinner. I basically read and watched movies and lounged about. Lazy. But tomorrow, I swear, I swear, as the main part of my resolution, I'm going to get to working hard at the office and being more ambitious all around. Vague at best, but it's all you are going to get out of me in terms of resolutions.

Tomorrow should prove to be a pretty busy day if it works out all right. An interview in Bismarck (100 miles away) and a city commission meeting and a bit of writing in between. Fun!

Anyway, this post is boring even to me (and I love to write about myself) so I am off to listen to Magnetic Fields and drinking a bastardized version of a Hurricane and probably reading some of the new books I got for Xmas (Oh yeah, mental note, I should at least write about my Xmas...a post for next time).

The Crippler, out!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home