What can I say? I'm hopping on the bandwagon. I just moved to North Dakota, and along with getting my life back together and focusing on my career, I'm going to try to reconnect with friends from years past via the internet. Plus, you know, I like to talk about myself and stuff.

Friday, December 16, 2005

Moving to the country, gonna eat a lot of peaches

My title is a reference to three things I'm going to address in this post. To outline:

1. fruit
2. XM Radio
3. farming

For some reason I've beeen on a fruit kick lately. I think it's working well for me. I'm trying new things even. In the past couple of weeks, I've eaten mangoes, papayas, bananas, grapes, kiwis, pineapples and oranges. I am impressive.

A co-worker of mine lent me access to his XM Radio account. While he did this a month ago, I've honestly just started listening to it. It's great. Since I live in North Dakota, I don't get to hear new things, so I have been listening to channel 43, XMU, and hearing bands I've only read about prior to this. Specifically, I heard Clap Your Hands And Say Yeah. They were actually pretty good. I also heard a couple songs from the most recent Dandy Warhols album, which also weren't bad. I intend to listen more so that I can come across other bands that I've heard good things on. The best part, though, really, is that I get to hear classic 90s songs that I haven't heard for at least five years. I heard "Blackhole Sun" yesterday. I can't remember when I've heard that before yesterday. I heard that song "Little Black Back Back." I have no idea who even does it; I just remember that it reminds me of being 16 and driving along Sullivan (if you're from Bellevegas you'd know the street). Oh, and I heard "Laid" which only makes me think of Shayna, for some strange reason.

Once a month we have to write agriculture-related stories which basically shows that me and all of my co-workers are not rural people who spend a lot of time farming, but we have to write like we know all about it. I literally spent 6 hours scouring various online sources for some ideas and came up with nothing. My lack of knowledge on farming is pathetic, at least considering where I live. But I humbly beg for someone to lend an idea of what they want to know about farming. While I only assume that most of the people who read this live on either the West Coast or the East Coast, it never hurts to cover ones bases.

Other than that, I'm plugging away and work and settling in to the life of a Dickinson-onian. And hoping that soon I'll get to visit somewhere more exciting.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home