What can I say? I'm hopping on the bandwagon. I just moved to North Dakota, and along with getting my life back together and focusing on my career, I'm going to try to reconnect with friends from years past via the internet. Plus, you know, I like to talk about myself and stuff.

Monday, November 28, 2005

She's Giving In

I know it's "normal" or "fine" or whatever to be married at this age, but with so few of my friends in even mildly committed relationships, I think nothing of being single. That is, until an old high school friend finds Nate online and emails me. I haven't talked to most of these people since really ninth or tenth grade (I seem to remember falling off the planet for junior and senior year), but the girl Sara emails me and tells me she's been married for over two years, and two of my other old friends who she still keeps in touch with, are also married. It was amazing how subtly she did it. She said something along the lines of Maggie Gyllenhall (now Sarsgaard), which seeing their maiden names in print and realizing that they were no longer these people was priceless. It also freaked me out. Either way, I'm still a basket case. It was nice, though, to have an early high school reunion.

So, anyway, Sara came across Nate via the ultimate guarantee that you will never drop off the face of the planet website, myspace.com. Knowing that I can reconnect with old classmates online via this website, I'm finally giving in. There's maybe 5 people I'd care to see how they're doing since graduation, but you know, it's worth a shot. And anyway, everyone else is doing it. I'm totally falling for peer pressure at 24, and even worse, it's from old high school classmates. Maybe I should have paid better attention at those assemblies.

In other news, I am perhaps going to be cutting some fat, figuratively. I changed my phone number to a local one. I am not stupid enough to give it out online, so if you get a text from a weird number, it might be me. And, I'll also send out emails to friends who may not have a text option. Yeah, but because there are so many people that I have their number but am never going to talk with again, I'm deleting them. I may be left with about 10 people on my contacts list, but hey, that's what cutting fat is all about.

One last thing before I go get my car winterized for these harsh winters up north, days off are hard work. It's not easy keeping busy for 9 hours during the day. I accomplished three errands in about an hour, and I even walked to all of those places. Then, drove to do the fourth, which took 10 minutes, and then managed to do another while on the phone in the comfort of my own home. It's only 3 p.m. and once I get my oil changed, I'm afraid my only errands are a hot bath and reading Rolling Stone.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home