What can I say? I'm hopping on the bandwagon. I just moved to North Dakota, and along with getting my life back together and focusing on my career, I'm going to try to reconnect with friends from years past via the internet. Plus, you know, I like to talk about myself and stuff.

Saturday, November 26, 2005

Death By Dessert

Warning: I took DayQuil so this post may be a little loopy.

My Thanksgiving 2005, Dickinson, ND:

I slept in, which was awesome, since I stayed up a little late on Wednesday. I showered and went to go get my turkey. I ordered a Thanksgiving meal for 8-10 people for just me. Already I have had two full Thanksgiving dinners, and a grilled cheese with turkey sandwich, and I've not even made a dent in it. Tomorrow, I'm going to make turkey noodle soup, with homemade noodles. How's that for a little Sally-homemaker?

Um, so yeah, I got the turkey dinner, and I even figured out how to work my oven (long story - someday when I have no other post to make, I'll tell the world how much I love my oven), and then I realized that I didn't have anything to cook my turkey in. Oops. Thankfully, KMart was open. Hooray!

Then, basically I spent the afternoon talking on the phone. Thank you to everyone who called to wish me a Happy Turkey Day. Oh, and I watched Point Break. Then, more time on the phone. Then, I watched two movies that my friend Pete lent me. They were Best In Show and Starship Troopers. Best in Show was freaking hilarious. I liked it a lot more than I thought I would and I'm kind of surprised I never watched it before. And Starship Troopers, well, it was interesting. My favorite part was that Doogie Howser was in it. And any time you can have a Busey in a movie, I'm all for it. And, then I went to bed so I could work on Friday. Bummer.

Oh, as per my post's title, I have a very funny story about how I injured myself on Thanksgiving. For my birthday I made Special K bars. And on Thanksgiving I decided to (finally) throw them away, and found that they were stuck to the pan. So I was chiseling away at them. And I chiseled a little more and then a little too hard and punched my Special K bars. I thought nothing of it. Then, I got distracted doing something else and noticed my right ring finger was actually bleeding from my fight with the bars. On Friday, I noticed a bruise. That's right, I got my ass kicked by a dessert.

Anyway, that was my Thanksgiving. And for the next couple of weeks, everyday will be a lot like this Thanksgiving: turkey dinners, movies, and phone calls.

OH! And wine. I had wine. I had special wine from Door County. And, it was so disappointing. I remembered the Cranbernet to be a lot better than this bottle was. It was perhaps the saddest part of Thanksgiving. Special wine is not supposed to be worse than cheap wine.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home