What can I say? I'm hopping on the bandwagon. I just moved to North Dakota, and along with getting my life back together and focusing on my career, I'm going to try to reconnect with friends from years past via the internet. Plus, you know, I like to talk about myself and stuff.

Saturday, November 19, 2005

Moral Fiber

First, I not only spend too much time with myself, I also spend too much with my cats. And the past couple days I've actually gotten letters in the mail, and it seems Bunny is in love with the envelope glue. I'm not sure if he's getting high or what, but he's a super big fan of it. Should I be concerned?

Second, and more importantly, I saw Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire tonight. F-ing kicked Ass! God, more than anything, though, I need to see a movie like this in Boston, or really any major metropolitan where I don't have to be surrounded by, ugh, kids. It's awful. They don't shut up through the whole movie; they make ridiculous comments that show how truly unlearned they really are. And, Lord knows I'm a talker, but my word, these kids just keep going. There was a high point when the kid next to me (I forget the scene, but it was near the end), who couldn't have been older than 13 goes, "W-T-F." So finally that little witicism has spread all the way to rural Dickinson and it make my day a little brighter to know that kids on the street may understand me when I scream it at them for trying to jaywalk.

Oh, but the movie. I definitely need repeated viewings. From my little knowledge on directing, I'd say they did fine. I'd further say that I forget most of what happened in book 4 and so it seemed pretty much in order with the book. And well, I almost cried at the end when Diggory dies.

I know I'm lame (but I think this song is about me, don't i, don't i...), oh, um, lame, because it's totally a movie that ain't too proud to admit it's about moral fiber and love. That's it. And while I want to say it's cheap and too black and white, I don't think it is at all. I think it's masterfully done; it's not too moral-heavy. It's an exciting movie that reminds you that moral fiber is nothing to be ashamed of, and well, love may really conquer all.

I absolutely mean all of that, but I say it with a grain of salt. I mean, I'm like totally bitter and single now, and well, I have so much moral fiber that I spent most of the movie thinking some pretty unholy things about some pretty fine looking 15-year-olds. Just kidding, but only kind of.

Finally, before I go off to watch Mr. Show (on TBS because when I ordered the disc from Netflix, it was literally almost broken in half and had taken a week to get to my house, bastards), I have obviously sort of figured out how to get a couple of pictures on my computer, and I even think that I can scan the ones of me swimming, but I can't for the love of g-d figure out how in the hell I add my picture to my profile. Even worse, I downloaded that Hello thing Blogger tells me to do, and I still have no idea how to actually get a picture of me online. Any help would be appreciated, and I'm staring you down pretty hard, Schreiner.

Good Night, kiddies.

1 Comments:

Blogger ladyjade said...

That damn moral fiber. Now that's what's ruining this country. We have it in spades running through our veins thanks to those damn quakers! I blame them, I really do. ~Ms. S.

7:21 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home