What can I say? I'm hopping on the bandwagon. I just moved to North Dakota, and along with getting my life back together and focusing on my career, I'm going to try to reconnect with friends from years past via the internet. Plus, you know, I like to talk about myself and stuff.

Tuesday, January 23, 2007

My family is better than yours...

...and so are my friends!

First, I will tell you that my mom dresses cooler than me. She still gives me hand-me-downs, and they are way cooler than anything I own. Plus, she likes some pretty cool music and movies.

Second, I will tell you that my dad was happy about the mix CD I made because it included a band that he had really liked but didn't know who it was. Even better, he thought the band sounded like Iron & Wine. Does your dad know who Iron & Wine is?

Third, I will tell you that my brother has a very smart and nice girlfriend, which really doesn't make him better than your family but it is good news. He does again have good taste in movies and music and surely knows more actors than you do. And he got me severely drunk this weekend and that makes him damn cool in my book.

Fourth, my baby brother already likes music more than your average listener, which makes him cooler than most average listener.

Finally, my step-dad knows who Jeremy Piven is, which is pretty nice for a doctor.

These were in no particular order.

Now, on to my friends. Well, there's no real debating it that they're better than your friends but I will tell you what tops the list this week: one of my best friends in the world is first cousins with a friend of mine from college. Now, I didn't go to a college with 2,200 people, I went to one with 22,000 (well more), so me knowing this kid is not easy. And while there aren't many people in the Queen City, not too many foreigners end up here and certainly not ones who know people I know. Damn, my friends are awesome!

That's all the news for today. I missed the State of the Union so I'll have to read about it and catch up on it later to offer this year's democratic response. Yay politics!

1 Comments:

Blogger allison said...

so... anything else going on lately?

4:02 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home