What can I say? I'm hopping on the bandwagon. I just moved to North Dakota, and along with getting my life back together and focusing on my career, I'm going to try to reconnect with friends from years past via the internet. Plus, you know, I like to talk about myself and stuff.

Monday, November 27, 2006

incredibly pathetic

About the only reason I have to live anymore is The West Wing.

I can't tell you what an incredibly good show it is and how much it means to my faith in humanity (but it does help that the Dems just took control of both houses). But what I will say is that I've been watching the show at its peak (the second season, from what I've been told and read) and what I will say is the last two 'sodes have inspired me in every aspect of my life.

1) Episode 1 - "The Stackhouse Filibuster" - "Tonight, I've seen a man with no legs stay standing, dad, and a guy with no voice keep shouting; and if politics brings out the worst in people, maybe people bring out the best."

2) Episode 2 - "17 People" - Josh Lymon - "If you were in an accident, I wouldn't stop for a beer." Donnatella Moss - "If you were in an accident, I wouldn't stop for red lights."

It appeals to the romantic and democracy-lover in all of us. Now if I only had more of a life to care about something other than a drama that premiered eight years ago.

Sleep well and happy December.

2 Comments:

Blogger The Crippler said...

Funny story, I watched the first two seasons and the third one is already on my queue. I will definitely be hitting that up!

9:37 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Riddle me this: what does it mean when an educator uses a word in the wrong way 5 times in a row?
It means they are going down like the Titanic and I am the iceberg, baby! (The word was caveat which means warning, but they used it 5 times in a meeting as something completely different. I'm so glad they were voted on a board that dictates education practices.)
-Brigade
p.s. Sorry, you don't have to post this rant.

8:40 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home