What can I say? I'm hopping on the bandwagon. I just moved to North Dakota, and along with getting my life back together and focusing on my career, I'm going to try to reconnect with friends from years past via the internet. Plus, you know, I like to talk about myself and stuff.

Sunday, October 22, 2006

I live for this...

One-third of the way in, I've got fall fever, baby!

Even though I spent way more than I should have at the grocery store, I'm in fall heaven. I did not get a cornocopia, nor did I get cider, so I may not be the BIGGEST autumn enthusiast, but I'm pretty close.

I bought cranberries and green apples for fruits. I bought all kinds of squash - two went for a delicious chowder and the other will be eaten with dinner at my leisure - for vegetables. I think the cranberries are still a bit tart, but hey, so am I. I've moved on to warmer lunches of chili dogs (turkey dogs and veggie chili, but still) and chicken & dumpling soup. I made pumpkin cake with cream cheese frosting. I bought candles that smell like cranberries with orange and mulled cider.

It's a fall fest all the way. Now all I have to do is convince Allison to do some pumpkin carving with me and I'm all set.

It's eight days till my birthday, and I'll be honest, I'm a little freaked about being 25. But that's why I have all of the above, and red wine, yummy red wine (which, by the way, goes great with cranberries).

Oh did I forget to mention, it's the World Series? I live for this (and those awesome commercials)! Go Tigers!

2 Comments:

Blogger Hollywood said...

Whoever decided that putting pumpkin and cream cheese together would taste good is my hero.

Oh, 25's not bad you silly lady. As years have gone, I think 25 was a pretty good one for me. Full of scandal. I wouldn't want it any other way.

12:35 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

the pumpkin market is pretty flooded. i'll do my part and get one or two and carve it with you.

7:46 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home