What can I say? I'm hopping on the bandwagon. I just moved to North Dakota, and along with getting my life back together and focusing on my career, I'm going to try to reconnect with friends from years past via the internet. Plus, you know, I like to talk about myself and stuff.

Thursday, November 02, 2006

Wiser? Maybe.

Meaner? Yes.

So, I turned the sprightly age of 25 this week, and it's got me a little freaked out. However, if you're older than me and you're name is Pete, you think I'm a fucking idiot for worrying so much. But hey, them's the breaks for a whiner like me.

I hope I'm not a bad person, but I realize as I get older I deal a lot less with people's bullshit. I still don't particularly like confrontation, but telling someone what I really think has saved me a lot of energy in the past few months. Ahh, I'm a bastard.

As I've expanded on it personally to some of those closest to me, I won't go into this second installment of my mid-mid life crisis, but rest assured it is here. Maybe it's an every milestone thing or an every five year thing, but sometimes you need to re-evaluate where you are at and where you want to go. For me, I'm thinking beach-front property in a blue state. Ahhh....

I have two other unrelated matters to discuss.

1) Fantasy Congress is going to be amazing!!! I picked my team today and on the plus side I got Barack; on the plus-side-but-going-to-lose-miserably, I got Dennis Kucinich. Hooray for being a nerdlinger.

2) I have a new boyfriend. His name is Christian Bale. You might have seen him recently in The Prestige. In X-inia world, he thinks I'm fantastic too. In the real world, the $25 bucks or so I've spent to see his movies probably doesn't amount to much. Sigh.

Back to this little lady's fantasy world....

1 Comments:

Blogger Shayna said...

i dont understand this fantasy congress thing- when i chose my team it gave me a list of available senators....and i have barack too...i wanted him because i wanted to call my team obamarama, but that also has been taken. apparently barack is playing for both of us?

and happy birthday. i wouldnt sweat it...i say this because i certainly did/am...at least you are doing what you set out to do...

5:52 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home