What can I say? I'm hopping on the bandwagon. I just moved to North Dakota, and along with getting my life back together and focusing on my career, I'm going to try to reconnect with friends from years past via the internet. Plus, you know, I like to talk about myself and stuff.

Wednesday, March 29, 2006

Obnoxious and Ranty

And a day later than promised. Yesterday I got distracted by old college basketball games, The O.C. and half-finishing my laundry and half-finishing my taxes. But boy are those turtle brownies I wasted time on delicious.

So, Rolling Stone tells me that much like when I was a teenager, the kids are listening to classic rock. A decade later I get what they're saying but I still think I have something off kilter. Of course, like when I was a teenager, they're rambling on about Pink Floyd and Led Zepplin, perhaps even The Doors. Instead, again like a decade ago, I'm listening to the "wrong" classic rock. Lately, I've been jamming on The Replacements, Bruce Springsteen, The Smiths, (still) The Stone Roses and The Beatles. Plus, I still think my music is better.

Anyway, I've started to do my taxes which only stresses me out.

I feel, in some ways, like Wesley Snipes in Demolition Man, but you know, still alive.

I'm annoyed that I've reverted to a teenager who is anti-social and reads comic books and participates in fantasy baseball, and at the same time, I'm enjoying my semi-angsty world immensely.

Anymore, I live for fancy schmancy recipes, the red glint of Netflix movies in the mail and 24. I'd be sad if all of those weren't so god-damned amazing.

Is it springtime yet?

And finally, The Giants Suck! Next topic. (Yay Baseball.)

On the next post: Will this girl find some fun in Fargo? Will she manage to get work done before the weekend? And will she ever finish watching Murderball? Stay tuned: same blog site, same obnoxious rants.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Where are you? I haven't talked to you in months. Call me! PS Thanks for the amazing scarf. I'm so proud that someone in the family is crafty.

5:06 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home