What can I say? I'm hopping on the bandwagon. I just moved to North Dakota, and along with getting my life back together and focusing on my career, I'm going to try to reconnect with friends from years past via the internet. Plus, you know, I like to talk about myself and stuff.

Saturday, February 11, 2006

Validation (Sorry, Dad) and yet another Rant

I'm about three weeks behind everyone else in the world, but I'm finally reading and watching things talking about the State of the Union. I'm sorry, Dad, your comments were reaffirming but you're more optimistic than most.

To validate my post on the State of the Union, I offer you:

http://www.nytimes.com/2006/02/08/politics/08dems.html?ex=1140238800&en=89621d7ca81fa820&ei=5070&emc=eta1 (an article from the New York Times--you know, the really liberal media--on how Democrats need a platform on which to stand)

And This:

http://www.comedycentral.com/shows/the_daily_show/videos/most_recent/index.jhtml?start=17 (no, it's not just for stoners--The Daily Show--on the State of the Union. Most memorably, Jon Stewart edits the Democratic Response to show how many times Kaine said "There's a Better Way" and then said something to the effect of, "If you have this better way, please send it to Democratic Headquarters; PO Box 18; and remember, the elections are only 9 months away.")

So, I'm not completely off-base. I will say, though, that maybe like me the dems are just procrastinators and they'll pull it together in time. After all, they've got the right idea.

Anyway, enough politics, let's talk crudely.

Ever since Bob Saget said in Half Baked, "I used to suck dick for coke. Now that's an addiction. You ever suck some dick for marijuana?" I have loved the man. I'm not knocking the man that Bob Saget used to be. I love Danny Tanner. Though, I do have to say that America's Funniest Home Videos was pretty cheesy.

Anyway, some douchebag writes in to Rolling Stone, about how Bob Saget is falling for comedic peer pressure to be so crude. After all, it's not like the man could change his mind, or grow up. To whatever idiot wrote the article, I say, "Fuck You." Bob Saget can do what Bob Saget wants, and frankly, he's funnier now and he's even a little cooler. And what's more, heaven forbid one comedian should go from clean to dirty. How many comedians have we lost to the fact that they had kids and stopped being crude? So, you keep your Damon Wayans, Rosie O'Donnell, Whoopi Goldberg, and the like. We'll take Bob Saget and the two or three other comedians who swing the other way as they get older. You, sir or ma'am, can keep being an idiot.

That's all for this edition of rants about things that no one cares about, except me.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sweetie, sweetie, sweetie,

You are not listening--have you checked out any of the progressive blogs I told you about? Calling the NYT liberal is like calling a scoop of vanilla ice cream a hot fudge sundae. They are not liberal media--neither, I hate to tell you, is The Daily Show. They are corporate entities who give you safe news, preferrably with a Republican spin. Who the fuck do you think runs those companies? Tom Hayden? (Look it up--you can google him.) Had you bothered to read the Daily Kos, you would have found a nice blog telling the NYT to STFU--and the reasons why they should. Do you belong to Move.On? Are you sending e-mails to your congresspeople? Do you belong to True Majority? If not, then you are part of the problem and not part of the solution. You were not validated--all that happened was you were suckered into perpetuating the Republican spin. Trust me, there are going to be a lot of the media with egg on their faces this November--and I'll be laughing my fucking ass off. Sorry this is so snippy, but we are at war for the very soul of this country--non-contributing whiners should not let the door hit them in the ass on their way out!

8:18 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home