What can I say? I'm hopping on the bandwagon. I just moved to North Dakota, and along with getting my life back together and focusing on my career, I'm going to try to reconnect with friends from years past via the internet. Plus, you know, I like to talk about myself and stuff.

Sunday, February 19, 2006

Cab & Brie on a Sunday

I'm not snobby, but I sound like it on my blog...

This has been a Sunday to remember, but not really in a good way. It's a Sunday that feels like a Monday. When you wake up early and anxious for no reason, you know the Sunday isn't going to be a good one.

The good news is that both Brie and my favorite crackers were on sale at the grocery store, so now I have both. And anyway, it's fun to be tied for the snobbiest person in North Dakota.

Oh, the details on my Sunday are not exciting. Nothing happened, it's just one of those days where you get ideas in your head of accomplishing things and instead squandering the day.

Aside from Grocery Shopping, I managed to accomplish the noble task of watching Thumbsucker. I have to say it wasn't quite a waste of time, but I probably could have better spent my time by reading The Dark Knight Returns. Still, I saw a preview for Junebug, which made me put the movie at number one, so I can watch it by the end of the week. I need to finally suck it up and watch Murderball, because I know I'll like it; I just know it won't be as fun to watch as Hitch, which I never got. Oops, all this movie talk reminds me that I need to start getting a pool together for the Oscars. Where are all my good friends who do this for me?

Even though I could carry on a lot longer (out of boredom), and probably should (since I have to imagine something interesting happened this week and since I did have a pretty action-packed Saturday), I'm going to end here....after I tell you about my three new favorite songs:

1. I Will Follow You Into the Dark - Death Cab - Best song they've had since, well, before most people started listening to Death Cab, and certainly since they were made famous on The O.C.
2. Handle With Care - Jenny Lewis - Okay, Okay, this features Ben Gibbard of Death Cab too, and I should probably hate it, but I have to say that the song reminded me how much I like the original and how maybe I have found some bands worth sticking with...if they grew up with the classics that I did, they're going to be all right.
3. Feels Good Being Somebody Else - Dios Malos - Is there a better first line than: "I'm self-absorbed and I'm lazy"? It's a catchy one, and I don't mind saying I quite like it.

Anyway, back to wine and cancelled television shows.

I'll try to write more often, but you can blame my dad, who made me start reading about politics again, for my recent absence.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home