What can I say? I'm hopping on the bandwagon. I just moved to North Dakota, and along with getting my life back together and focusing on my career, I'm going to try to reconnect with friends from years past via the internet. Plus, you know, I like to talk about myself and stuff.

Saturday, February 11, 2006

Good, I love that guy...

(Thanks to Nate for the title.)

I just watched Crash.

Without getting too much into it, I thought it was good, sad (judge it based on the tracks of the tears running off my face) and thought-provoking. But that's not why I'm here. If you are a person who reads my blog, you'll either have already seen the movie or not be surprised at all that I like an Oscar-nominated drama.

I'm here, because I love Ryan Phillippe. How many good performances does this guy have to give before someone recognizes that he's a good actor? Seriously, I don't know whatever happened in the gossip columns so I don't know if he's still with Reese Witherspoon, but good lord, he deserves more praise than her. Two things you should know: 1) I actually kind of like Reese Witherspoon. 2) While I think he deserves a lot of credit, while they were together, I did think it was cool of Phillippe to be a man about staying home and letting his wife be the breadwinner. Yay the 21st century! All right, back to ragging on Reese: she's seriously played the pretty blonde/ doe-eyed girl and June Carter. That's it. It's not exactly like she's branched out until this last role as Mrs. Cash. Ryan Phillippe on the other hand has played a punk kid with AIDS, a well-intentioned Popular Kid, a Criminal and a cop. Plus, seriously, he's gorgeous. Why does everybody recognize everybody else in the movie but him? I mean, didn't Matt Dillon get an Oscar nomination as well? Everybody loves Don Cheadle (okay, rightfully so). And well, Sandra Bullock and Brendan Fraser have given their most serious performances in years. And well, it's always newsworthy when a rapper can actually act (sorry, but Will Smith, we were surprised at your skills, and well, 50 cent, you are exactly what the world expected from rappers trying to act). Good job Ludacris. Anyway, with all that competition, it is less surprising that Ryan Phillippe went overlooked, but seriously that man has some acting chops and it's time he got some recognition from the rest of the world. Phillippe, man, Nate and I salute you. Someday when we make movies together, we'll help make you the star you deserve to be.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great post. I totally agree! Maybe Ryan gets overlooked because he is such a hottie. And by the way he is still married.

8:13 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home