What can I say? I'm hopping on the bandwagon. I just moved to North Dakota, and along with getting my life back together and focusing on my career, I'm going to try to reconnect with friends from years past via the internet. Plus, you know, I like to talk about myself and stuff.

Sunday, February 26, 2006

Same Shit, Different Day

I figure after the weekend I had, not that it was exciting or anything, I should probably check in with my blog readers.

Most of my weekend was spent at a high school girls hockey sports tournament if you can believe it. I think I checked out a game on Thursday, but maybe not, who can remember things that happened four days ago?

Then, Saturday I was pretty much a waste of life, until I hung around the hockey tournament with Cindy and Aarhus (the sports writer thinking of moving here) and Brian. I had the pleasure of watching the entire (3 periods and 2.5 overtimes) state tournament without a goal, only to take the tv reporter's daughter to the bathroom during the only (and sudden death) score of the game. On the bright side of things, I totally saw the score coming, so I expected the buzzer of a goal while I was politely waiting for the daughter. Still, for as much as I'll probably complain about it, it's not like it was anything more than a high school hockey tourney and I wasn't doing anything more than bullshitting, so I could afford to get away while people who were actually working probably couldn't. Then, Cindy and Aarhus needed dinner after a hard day at work and I like beer, so we went to Applebee's and then the bar in the hotel Aarhus was staying at. I lost pathetically in a game of pool and then I had the pleasure of chatting with my favorite ad department girl and her fiance. She also has cats so I think we bonded. Plus, I learned from her that a pitcher of Long Island Iced Tea is only $8 at that bar. Woo.

Tonight, Sunday, I read some of my Rolling Stone magazine, oh and don't tell anyone but Entertainment Weekly too. I'm currently reading something about a mission to Mars in RS. It's not that interesting but I don't like space that much. Go figure. Then, I cleaned, kind of. Then, I cooked myself a nice dinner. And then Nate called while I was watching Junebug. I like movies but I love Nate, so I took the call. When I finally got back to the movie, I bawled and bawled. Amy Adams is absolutely precious. I'm a straight female and I just loved her. Despite my emotional problems, I would recommend it to anyone. It's not really a downer, well, not that much anyway, but it was just very sincere. Much better than Thumbsucker, the other 2005 Sundance movie I've recently watched. That movie was pretty lame and felt like it lasted forever even though that's impossible. I still haven't watched Murderball or Vanilla Sky but I will try to get to them this week.

Probably not tomorrow, though, when the best show on TV is on. Yay 24. Plus, I'll be at work late. Not that you need to know this but I have a ladies doctor appointment tomorrow, so I'm going to work a little late. Ugh.

Anyway, on that note, I'm off to read a little of The Sandman (so I can read V is for Vendetta before the movie comes out...oh, and I also ordered books on half.com - one of which was Y: The Last Man) before bed.

1 Comments:

Blogger The Crippler said...

How come I can't read aarhus' blog? Wooooo!

8:42 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home