What can I say? I'm hopping on the bandwagon. I just moved to North Dakota, and along with getting my life back together and focusing on my career, I'm going to try to reconnect with friends from years past via the internet. Plus, you know, I like to talk about myself and stuff.

Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Just a little bit...

I keep getting all these ideas for blogs but when I finally sit down to write, I can't think of anything except all the other things I should be doing. However, since I'm drawing a blank, I'll keep this short and simple.

Basically, I caught up with two Netflix movies in the last few days and wanted to share my opinion with the world:

1) Jersey Girl - you know a romantic comedy isn't good in my book when I start crying because of the Bruce Springsteen song at the end and not because of the movie. As most romantic comedies go, it was all right, and although predictable still fun. Of course, the end scenes happened and sort of groan that that's the end and then this little live song comes on and The Boss starts singing Sha-la-la, and I lost it. I just broke down like the little girl I am. At least my heart is buried in this body somewhere.

2) Born Rich - like both these movies, I should have seen this a long time ago, and in fact have been thinking about it ever since I heard about it at least three years ago. It's awesome. Really if you haven't felt bad for really, really rich people for a long time, this is a movie to make you pity them. I am being mildly facetious but it was an interesting perspective and it does make you sympathize with them to an extent. I mean, Ivanka Trump found out her parents were getting divorced from The New York Post. At least I had the luxury of learning about it in private and sharing it with my friends when I was ready. One of the Johnson (of Johnson and Johnson) learned how rich he was from one of his 5th grade classmates who brought in a Forbes Fortune 500 issue. That would totally mess a kid up. Plus, on some level it is a little interesting to see how much these people don't understand about what is a reality for most people. Finally, the last thing I'll say is this: an overpriced, private school education sure does work; all those kids (most of them my age or younger) had tremendous vocabulary and had an understand of their place and that most people weren't like them, and most of them had even at least tried to hold down a job or find something they liked to do. A couple of them were even a little cute...too bad they don't date outside of their class. Sigh.

Anyway, it's crossword puzzle time! Yessssssss!

Post Script - I used spell check for the first time on this - did you know that Blogger doesn't recognize the word 'blog' as a word? Weird.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home