What can I say? I'm hopping on the bandwagon. I just moved to North Dakota, and along with getting my life back together and focusing on my career, I'm going to try to reconnect with friends from years past via the internet. Plus, you know, I like to talk about myself and stuff.

Monday, October 02, 2006

Ferris Bueller, you're my hero

In an effor to make this timely, I feel like i should say something along the lines of: with the recent success of Heroes, the theme of today's blog is about my hero of the week. But that probably just means I've been watching too much daytime television or something.

But seriously, my hero this week is Cindy. She totally picked up my slack.

Because it's short, I'll start with her advice on relationships. She said, "You should never feel bad about loving somebody." Truer words were never spoken and I'm sure it was all the more difficult for Cindy to muster them as she doesn't really have faith in relationships. Still, kudos to her for offering some sage advice.

The second (and larger) reason she's my hero is for her taking me to Bismarck for a procedure. Eh, let's not mince words, I might still be delusional from the anasthesia so I may as well tell the world (like Katie Couric did but on a much smaller scale) that I had a colonoscopy. I recommend the anasthesia, but not the process to getting there.

Real quick: I'm fine, sort of; the results so far are negative.

Anyway, Cindy is my hero because she drove me there and back. But if that wasn't enough the nurses didn't warn me, and therefore not her, that she was going to be in for most of the ride. I got there at 7 a.m., and I was told to undress. Thankfully, Cindy left the room for that, but she did come in once I got my hospital garb on and watched the Today show with me (Matt Lauer used to be cool), and stayed while they started the IV and I almost passed out from saline (yeah, I have a low tolerance). Then, they carted me down to the room for the procedure and Cindy was taken to a waiting room. Once they started me on the anasthesia, I remember nothing. I remember the doctor coming in and I remember the nurse with the cool glasses and the other nurse who wrapped me in warm blankets. Before I knew it, I was back in the other room; the doctor had already told Cindy all my results; and they said I could get dressed. This time I was so dazed that Cindy did stay in there while I dressed to help me stay steady. After I got dressed, she sat with my while I ate one piece of toast and drank some water. I fell asleep while she drove me home and she helped me inside and fed my cats so I wouldn't fall asleep again and leave them locked up. All in all, she was great.

She even made me call later just to let her know that I was doing okay.

It's certainly not an experience I would recommend for anyone, but I was so glad to have someone there with me. Hooray for heroes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home