What can I say? I'm hopping on the bandwagon. I just moved to North Dakota, and along with getting my life back together and focusing on my career, I'm going to try to reconnect with friends from years past via the internet. Plus, you know, I like to talk about myself and stuff.

Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Viva La Bunn!

Thanks to anyone (and especially Shayna and her children: Bartelby and Nico) for praying for Bunn. If I haven't told you already, Bunn survived his ordeal. It was a four-day stint in a vet clinic, but here are the highlights:

1) Bunn ripped out his catheter, night one.
2.) Bunn got put in a neck brace to stop him from biting at his catheter, morning two.
3.) While knocked out, Bunn, in a neck brace, broke free and ripped out his catheter, afternoon three.
4.) Instead of bringing me Bunn in the morning, the vet brought in his litter box to show that he peed, morning four.

He came home 24 hours later. Yay! I'm going to write a column about it so I don't want to give away too much, but he had a urinary problem and it resulted in it hurting him to pee and therefore not going. He then got an infection and couldn't go, so he had to get de-peed and flushed with fluids. He's now on a special diet and my sickly kitty. He's like the asthmatic kid of the soccer team that you just love because his heart is in it, even if he isn't the best at it.

In other news, I have two knitting projects and I saw my internet friends this weekend. Those are both stories for a different time, as is Planes on the Prairie. But for now, I'm going to shower and finish reading about Iran and Iraq (so I can vent again).

Later gators.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home