What can I say? I'm hopping on the bandwagon. I just moved to North Dakota, and along with getting my life back together and focusing on my career, I'm going to try to reconnect with friends from years past via the internet. Plus, you know, I like to talk about myself and stuff.

Friday, June 16, 2006

99 Problems (But a Bitch Ain't One)

I find that when I have the least amount of things to complain about, I always find more to whine about. Isn't that weird? Might I be the most annoying person on the planet?

It's Friday and I'm already stressed about my upcoming week and the work I have to do, but I'm such a forward thinker that I'm not worried beyond Tuesday. Of course, that's when all the big stuff will start happening (it's really only a guess, but it'd also be my luck). And the flip side is that I have some direction now on where I want to go on a nerdy column.

My day on Saturday is shaping up to be nearly as busy as a work day, considering the vast amount of things I'm hoping to accomplish. Since one of them is planning a budget because I'm extremely poor for the next three months, I'm a little on edge. I also have to do some mild construction on my futon, which is just a recipe for disaster. As if my finger doesn't already look like it's going to shrivel up and fall off (see other post about 2nd degree burns), tomorrow is my chance to chop it off with a saw.

I have about six friends/family that I haven't talked to in months that I should really put a call into, but chances are good I'll only make one of them (Shayna - you're probably owed the most since you requested it via this very blog).

Well, I have another ambition of walking to the bar tonight, which means I should probably head out now if I want to make it by 10ish. But I should mention that I finally (finally!) saw O Brother, Where Art Thou? Again, it's one of those I should have seen ages ago, but no surprise, I was impressed. Can someone please explain to me the significance of so many characters being blind or partially blind? I noticed it a lot and am sure there's a reason but it's one that is above me (Schreiner, I'm thinking you'll have an answer that sounds good even if it's not entirely accurate--oh god, this reminds me, I should totally read your blog; I'm an ass).

Wow, I'm still rambling and I really only started this post so I could use my clever title. I'm lame.

2 Comments:

Blogger Shayna said...

well the soothsayer is blind in the odyssey (homer was blind...soothsayer was supposed to be the wisdom poet...i think. i may be remembering core curriculum incorrectly..i think if i remember thats the character on the selfpropelled train thing. also john goodman is cyclops- duh. but also...southerners eat like shit. they put Karo syrup on everything, so my guess is diabetes related blindness.

and i notice my previous comment is conspicuously absent...did i offend? and do you venture a guess as to who i was talking about?

10:51 PM

 
Blogger that one guy you know said...

Yes, you should read : )

Or set up a fancy little LiveBookmark, so you can just tell when I've updated.

As for the blindness, I've got nothing on Shayna's explanation ... other than most of the mystic / magical type people in classic myths were physically impaired in some way, most of the time blinded.

You should check out "A Prairie Home Companion," too, if you get a chance.

Also, we should talk soon. Been far too long.

8:45 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home