What can I say? I'm hopping on the bandwagon. I just moved to North Dakota, and along with getting my life back together and focusing on my career, I'm going to try to reconnect with friends from years past via the internet. Plus, you know, I like to talk about myself and stuff.

Monday, June 05, 2006

Pookie, Shayna and the Slow Kids

This Saturday, I told my first absolutely hilarious story in a very long time. I can't repeat it now, because the circumstances were such that I brought in numerous conversations from the night and expanded into this ridiculous story. The things I can tell you are that it related to my cats, me in relationships and the line "Oh, Bunny, we do not lick our butts during dinner."

First, I was very proud of myself. I told a story that had two of my co-workers rolling, and I wasn't even trying that hard to be funny. I was just being my goofy-ass self. After the pride wore off, I was bummed. Not because of Cindy or Stefanie. They were awesome and I was glad they were there, but I was sad that all of my college friends weren't. Making each other laugh is really what I miss most about my friends.

While I still spend time with friends (both old and new), I find myself less inclined to be in symposiums. I miss symposiums.

Anyway, this post is short and melancholy. My next post (hopefully this evening) will be absolutely fantastic.

Oh, there was one more thing I wanted to mention. Something not melancholy but rather a mid-year resolution. I have been trying new things lately. And by trying new things, I mean eating fish. I used to not like fish. Then, I started to gather recipes of non-fishy-tasting fish. And now, I like fish. There is no doubt in my mind that I am missing out on other wonderful things that I'm either convinced I won't like or haven't tried before. Hence, my mid-year resolution is to try new things.

Number one on the list is probably golfing. Mostly because Cindy and Stefanie do it and are convinced I would like it. Whacking up divets does not sound that entertaining but one never knows until one tries. I am open for other suggestions.

Things that will probably not cross over to my "now I like it" list are mushrooms and Pink Floyd.

Anyway, I must continue to prepare for my fun time surprise later.

1 Comments:

Blogger that one guy you know said...

Salmon is delicious.

9:48 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home